Thursday, March 24, 2011

1 year old....


My LPN status is officially 1 year old today. I have been a nurse for 1 year. On April 6th... I will have officially joined the ranks of, "1 year experience required"

It feels like time flew, but on the other hand it feels like its been way longer than that.

I have learned so much about myself, about nursing, and about people throughout this last year.

I have found confidence, skill, and humility. I have many things to learn and teach many things every day.

I have found that with nursing I waiver. I am about to take exams for my first two RN classes, and I still doubt if I want to become an RN. ( Thus I keep putting them off) Ok Exam fees are an issue too but I digress.

Why? Well mainly because LPN experience doesn't count for shit! So I would be starting alllll over. No experience, low man on the pole. Begging for a chance or stuck in Long Term Care. In reality does this mean that much? Only time will tell.

But does LPN hold enough for me? Sometimes I don't even want to be a nurse anymore. Sometimes I love it. Sometimes I dream about that RN. Sometimes I don't want to headache.

I do know that most importantly I AM A NURSE! So with that... its off to work for me!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Nurse Day to you, Happy Nurse Day to you, Happy Nurse Day Dear Christineeeee, Happy Nurse Day to you!!! And many more.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was an LPN at first. I wrote "challenge" exams and they gave me credit for my LPN year...I think if you look around there may be more options....check it out! I did my RN 30 years ago in this way....

    ReplyDelete