Monday, July 23, 2012

I'd make a good L&D Nurse

Is what my Primary RN said to me, which was awesome to hear, but I really don't think I want to do that type of nursing in the future.

I had a great day as usual when it comes to clinical experience in the Unit. I managed to do a lot of interventions, education and eventually saw my first C-Section. I bonded with the family and felt totally comfortable just getting all up in there.

Of course Women's health does interest, and I always have a great time, but to spend day in and day out in such a litigious field. I think L&D is the highest risk for lawsuits.

3 comments:

  1. It tends to be up there, but then again so is anything involving surgery. Best advice the lawyer in my family gave me is go about your business as best you can and admit when you make a mistake. Lawsuits rarely name the nurse directly in the suit unless you really messed things up in a bad way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to do my clinical rotations so I can actually start to narrow down what I want. I have an idea, but until I've actually worked that department I can't be sure. I KNOW 1000% I do NOT want to do long term care. So, that's one down, lol.

    ReplyDelete