Monday, March 4, 2013

The one where I change my mind a million times...

Why because I chose to go through a foster parent/ adoption class and made a commitment to that. So as a result I have had to take a step back and see where all these working opportunities and such have to fit in, especially since I still have school to think about as well. In theory doing all of this 7 days a week nearly 20 hours a day seems doable... but in reality... I know it totally isn't.

What I found was that I have to keep my current full-time job, not take the one bringing her to school 3 days a week, and not teach this semester. I decided I really need to try and get all my ducks in a row for the visiting nursing position and make that one work for me.

Why? Because of time all of these things will take and the need for flexibility of course. Having kids again I need to have a work schedule that allows for frequent changing as needed, especially foster children, they have a bit more going on then bio children sometimes. Eventually hubby will be a stay-at-home, MAYBE, but for now it's not an option until we sign on the dotted line for buying the house, his length of employment is a BIG factor.

So why the visiting nurse? I think it's the only one that offers the highest payrate and flexible hours. Especially since the new house costs so much more and will need so much more furniture, I really need lots of money for a while to buy the stuff to make it look nice! I also figure another shift work position will not fit in for emergency situations and such if the need arose.

So let's see how all of this pans out... shall we.

PS... What foster care/adoption class am I talking about?

Why New Additions at the "A" Mansion of course! Did I forget to mention it before?

1 comment:

  1. Yep, you definitely need to do whats best for you and your family (including new kids). You're on a great path- I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete