Sunday, October 2, 2011

When your birds are about to fly the nest


So I haven't really mentioned the fact that my daughter turned 18 a week ago. I actually was in a bit of a funk over it. I just felt bad all that day! Which is totally unlike me when it comes to birthdays with the kids. I did make her her craving and a cake and it was a quiet family night. But no big bash or anything. Have any of you other mother's out there had a hard time with 18? Its just such a reminder of that impending empty nest. Which still won't be for awhile, but you know what I mean. The option for her is there. She got her first job too!

Don't get me wrong I am so proud of her!! She is growing up a wonderful woman. But she is growing up so fast! My son is not far behind that, he'll be 17 in two months!

What's a Mom to do?

4 comments:

  1. C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E! I'm gonna take you out on the town, that's what you should do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't tell you but I got all choked up last night because it was my daughter's first year going to homecoming, so I shouldn't be one to talk huh?

    ReplyDelete