Thursday, October 15, 2009

Life gets in the way

Sometimes the best laid plans are the ones that aren't planned. Or some such nonsense. Soooo burned out with school and I have no idea why. Maybe its a case of Senioritis, because technically " graduation" is less than two months away now. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, plus for as long as I can remember, from childhood play acting, to high-school dreaming, to Aug 2007 when I started this journey, my goal was to be a Nurse. Designating LPN or RN at the time was not important, I just wanted the N... and now it is soooo close. I am excited and nervous and just plain can't wait to be able to say, Yes I am the Nurse!

Of course the RN portion is coming, but it's had to move to the back burner for a few reasons.
1.) Because I need to work and can no longer afford to concentrate on school, and am not able to do both in the specific program I had planned to attend.
2.) Because I did not over extend myself this semester as I had originally planned to do.
3.) Because I am tired
4.) I lack motivation, and without motivation there is no heart! After all who would put themselves through the trials and tribulations and the stress of Nursing school without heart! You gotta want this bad to put up with this crap!!

On the actual school front its OR Clinical again today! Woot! I have to finish up my Careplan from last week. Which actually won't take me long, as the only thing I have left to finish is an explanation of bowel obstruction(Boring). I have a test on Disorders of the Reproductive System and L&D on Tuesday. I have a take home midterm from IV class, that is crazy hard to finish up... and oh yeah I am MOVING this weekend! I haven't managed to nail down an installation date for the Internet and it was a wild goose chase with the electric company about the address of service yesterday. I think once the move is over, my focus can return to school and I can rock these next few weeks. Only 1 month and 25 days left!! Eeeek!

1 comment:

  1. I swear, I think some LPN schools are harder than RN programs, they want to to know it all but you only have one year to learn it instead of two. The lpn's who bridged over to my RN program told me that if they got through lpn school they can easily get through the RN portion. :)

    ReplyDelete