Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A love Guru says...

"I love you, but I'm not IN LOVE with you" is a
cop out. It basically means that I have no clue
how to make a relationship last LONG-TERM so I'm
exiting to get high from another short-term
romance. But whoever they're IN LOVE with now
will also eventually hear, "I love you, but I'm
not IN LOVE with you."

So then...

When a person says, "I love you, but I'm not IN
LOVE with you," they're saying that I CARE about
you but I'm not EXCITED about you.

CARING about someone is a good thing. It's
reflective of CONCERN. But it's different than
love. I care about the starving children in
Africa, but I don't love them.

Being EXCITED about someone is also a good thing.
But it's different than love. I might be excited
to have a relationship with the President of the
United States or a Hollywood star, but that
doesn't mean I love them.

However in truth....

Love is something we articulate in the vocabulary
of ACTION. Love is a verb. It's not a feeling you
get from another PERSON; it's an experience you
receive as a result of DEEDS YOU DO for another
person.

(Mort Fortel)

My epiphany... I have said these words recently, I have not used my love as an action verb ( well except for in Vegas...lol ), so.... where to go from here... when there are two of you in the equation and 1 + 1 still = 1?

No comments:

Post a Comment