Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Part 2

Sometimes I think that life has a score card and that you are only allowed so much good at one time. Like just when you think things may turn life says, " Here take that!"

Ah where to begin... So yesterday all started with the carpool shuffle. Had to drive pretty far for the interviews, I have yet another bad tire on my car, and the Jeep sucks up gas like its a cheap wine. So the result was that I decided I would borrow my parents car.

So my daughter drove me to my parents before she headed off to school. Then I went to Wal-mart with them bought some Easter Basket stuff then headed back home to get ready for my interview...

1.) Half way there I remember that crap, I do not have my house key. So turn around head over to the school to call her out of class to bring me my key.

Ok so crisis averted heading back home to get ready. So I go about my business of getting ready. I save putting on my brand new shirt I bought for the interview until last, because I didn't want to get anything on it and wouldn't ya know...

2.) Shirt looks great on me, good color, great fit everywhere except for over the boobs! So if I wanted to give the prospective employer a show it would have been great. That is the trouble with button down shirts and big boobs. So yeah now its about 1130 my interview is at 100 an hour away and I have NOTHING to wear! So I had to go to Wal-mart, which is 16 miles away, look for a suitable replacement shirt that was the same price as the one I was returning and wait in a long line for the one person behind the counter to help me.

Ok so crisis averted... its 1215 I have 45 minutes to get there. Beware of the speed cameras placed everywhere, but try and make up some time with the 10 over rule. I head out to the interview. Lovely drive, not as far away as I had thought, but still pretty far away... 56 miles from door to door.

So I get there with 5 minutes to spare, have to wait for her anyway, but all good. Interview went great. Position is exactly what I was looking for, she said she is excited about hiring a new grad. But of course there are many applicants for this one position. But she will place my application at the top and call me back for a second interview if all goes well and there isn't someone with way more experience plus my wonderful attitude. The start would be mid April. Also Perfect for me. I am hoping that once the other applicants hear the hours, the days of the week, and the prospect of having to get a new job in a year or three, many will look else where. So it'd be every Sat,Sun,Mon,Tue 10p to 6a, which is considered full-time c benefits and all. (The person in the position now was called to Active Duty Deployment with his reserve unit) It'd be $19 an hour with a raise of $1.00 after a year, full benefits after 30 days. Not too shabby as a starting wage. If by chance he comes back in a year I won't feel guilty about leaving with since then I would have that all important "MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE YEARS EXPERIENCE", on my side. Plus if its 3 years I will be finished with my BSN and moving on anyway. The job is on a sub-acute behavioral/psych unit with a dementia locked wing as well. I'd have 1 hall of 30 and the other nurse would have the other hall of 30. Pretty much meds, accuchecks and insulins. Totally what I had expected and want.

So I head off to two other locations, meet and great type things, drop off some resumes and fill out their applications and head home because I need to fax over my CPR,TB,ID,IV Cert, Nursing License ( I can't believe I said Nursing License... hehe)

So I am driving home...

3.) Speeding ticket from the damn Tribal Police!! $186 or traffic school! (which is probably the same damn price... but no points) Honestly I have never borrowed this particular car before and it had a weird speedometer and I was just cruising along, I noticed I was going 80 so I started to slow down but I guess 75 in the 65 was when the short little fucker got me.

Ahhh wonderful... so heading back to the house again, obeying ALL of the posted speeds this time. I found all my paperwork, with some searching for the TB, who'd have thought it would be in my Nursing text book, lol, so I change my shoes into something less pinching and high and .....

4.) SPLAT!! One of the damn dogs got sick and there was runny dog shit right next to my bed. Not only did I step in it with 1 foot but with both. Plus since the makers of pants for chubby people think all chubby people are also tall, hem of my new pants was dipped in the shit too.

So I changed the pants, washed the shoes, cleaned the nasty pile of poo and headed out to go and get that faxing out of the way... and return the demon car! I called hubby to pick me up at my folks house on his way home from work.

So I get there alls good, talked to my parents about the interview,showed off how cute I looked in new top with new necklace, sent the fax, wrote up a thank you letter to include with the fax, then I picked up the mail that was sitting on the buffet in the dining room ( still haven't changed over all my addresses so I still get mail at the folks house)...

5.) " We regret to inform you that your car insurance has been canceled for nonpayment of premium as of 3/15/10" WTF????

What do you mean canceled? I just got that policy on 2/8/10, paid for the month and did not get a bill and was told when I sent in my signed policy that I would be getting a bill soon. I have been driving, we all have been driving, without insurance for weeks! Whatever happened to a warning letter, hell whatever happened to the bill? Plus the insurance company had my new address it was on the f'ing new paperwork I sent to them.

Ok.. so drive really carefully home, take the back road to avoid the the tribal police who are everywhere today! Said tribal police are on the back roads too of course. Pull over for two Sheriff's department cars to pass, thank God not for us, & Make it home....

6.) Dog ate my brand new shoes... the ones I was going to return tomorrow (today) because they were too pinchy and too tight. (Good thing they were only Wal-mart $11.00 pumps and not Jimmy's or something.) Of course he ate everything else in site too, roll of toilet paper, a roll paper towels, my flip-flops & a box of crackers I bought yesterday that my son had eaten 90% of and left the rest on the end table.

Hubby, the boy, and I cleaned up the mess... as I started to fix supper I opened the cabinet to find a pan and there was the bottle staring me in the face.... I figured... what the heck...

So 9 shots of Patron later.... I had a really good night!!


  1. Holy crap girl! That almost puts my Friday to shame!!! I'm sorry you had such a crappy day. :(

    It shoulds like a great job though. Do you feel the interview went pretty well? I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

  2. Damn girl... not a fun day!!!
    BUT, hopefully something good will come from all of that and you'll get the job- does sound perfect for you!!!

  3. I hate those kind of days! But it will be worth it if you get the job, good luck!

  4. 9 shots of Patron....yep, I'd say that's an appropriate dosing level!
    Just make sure you start an IV to maintain that therapeutic level :)

    Wow, that's one sucky day.