Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hello my name is Christine and I am a Nook addict

Ok I am more than in heaven with this thing. A cheap bookstore at my finger tips.. OMG am I ever in trouble.

So I have decided to embark on a journey through the world of Jane Austen. I have been a fan of the movies and now its time to embark on an expedition of sorts. The complete works of Miss Jane starting with Emma continuing on to, in order, Lady Susan, Mansfield Park, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion (which I can't wait to read) Pride and Prejudice and finally Sense and Sensibility. All for a mere pittance of 99 cents total!

I also have two other books that I am half way through and a series of books I stumbled on that of course, if you knew me at all you know; Once I start a series, even if its in movie form, I HAVE to find out what happens next. Why am I a 35 year old women reading Percy Jackson series, the new Lost Hero series & the Witch & Wizard Series... pretty much at the same time?

4 comments:

  1. Percy Jackson is the best! I think I would like the Jane Austen books as movies better than books. I'm such a slow reader, but I love to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like everyone has gotten on board with the E-Readers.
    I'm still not totally convinced. There is something about a real book...the smell of the paper and the feel of it and how you can highlight and write little notes that just cannot be replaced. I suppose whenever my house becomes overrun by books...um....more overrun my books, I might jump on the trend (always late, of course) but for now, I'll keep supporting the destruction of innocent trees to satisfy my craving for the written word. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. check out free fridays...you can get classics for free...just be patient. I have gotten 3 of jane austin books for free

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the sookie stackhouse series, house of night series, morganville vampire series

    ReplyDelete