Thursday, August 23, 2012

Week 1 Block 4

Was pretty mixed up, felt weird because we lost so many people, changed seating arrangements and have new teachers with totally different styles.

Psych lecture is up first and she is pretty laid back overall, but lectures in monotone so it's hard to concentrate on the content sometimes, but I have decided to physically write my notes with this class in hopes of doing some long term memory conversion that has worked for me in the past.

Today we had pre-clinical lab for Critical Care, which was pretty much just 5 hours of lecture on EKG... she is funny and really informative but speaks very fast!

I need to work on learning to measure and time the PR, QRS, and ST segments and memorizing the descriptors for the rhythms, but the good news is the ones she will test on I recognize on the strips :-)

First test in Psych is next week of course and clinical also starts then as well.

2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time with monotone instructors too. If I didn't pre-read the text and powerpoints before my chem lectures, I wouldn't understand anything my instructor is saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your counter on the upper right- so exciting!!! You're SO close!!!

    ReplyDelete