Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dog Rescue


So I think I am going to open a dog rescue. When say a dog rescue, I mean one as in singular, or at the very least just a foster program for this one. We have been having issues for a few weeks of some puppies and such roaming the desert and really making my dogs go nuts in the middle of the night. Not to mention the trash bags being ripped open and the all out mess of that. So the neighbor and I decided that that's enough and even though I have been trying to catch them since I noticed how little they were, I have had no luck. But being a man of the desert the neighbor has a humane animal trap and for the past 3 days we have caught 3 dogs. 2 were puppies and my neighbor turned those over to the humane society friend he has. Babies go pretty quick he says, but being the adopted mother of a puppy, who was going to be euthanized at the age of 3 days old, I know for a fact that they still had a chance of being put down. So this third dog, I got to the trap first, and well he is now sitting in my dog kennel, preparing to get a vet check, shots and neutered if needed.

I have no idea if we are going to keep him, or put him up for adoption. But he looks about 6 months old and well... I could not in good faith turn him over to be put down!

So quick introduction in the kennel to check for aggression and then no more until the vet clears him. Oh and guess who is going to give him his shots?!? LOL

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable baby! How can you resist a puppy face like that? What a great thing for you to do!

    ReplyDelete