Saturday, January 14, 2012

Admissions people are dumb

I know I said it and I will stand by it!

First, my tuition payment for my Ethics class suddenly, and I do mean suddenly appeared on my current due status. I checked on the 9th, nothing, I checked on the 10th it was there, Ok so I will pay it on the 13th when I get paid. No big deal? Well GONE on the 11th and dropped from class. WOW that was fast! So I figure I will just add it back on the 13th. Nope can't do that online because the class is closed/filled.

Me: Can you put me back into the class I was just dropped from so I can pay the tuition?

Admission: No class is full.

Me: Yes I am aware, one of those spots is mine. Is there a way to get put back in?

Admissions: Yes you can go to the class the first day and have the Prof sign a waiver.

Me: It's an online course. Is there another way to get into the class?

Admissions: You can go to the class the first day and the Prof can sign a waiver.

Me: It's an online course thus no classroom!

Admissions: You can contact the instructor by email then.

Me: The class states that there is only STAFF listed as the instructor for that class. Do you have a name so I can contact them?

Admissions: There is not an instructor assigned to that class yet.

Me (Banging Head on Keyboard): Ok let me get back to you. (hang up)

So I went online and searched the classes for that course. My HCR240 instructor is the alternate teacher, so I emailed her and requested to be put in her class for HCR210. Once she said it was OK, I sent that email over to the admissions office. Clearly stated in the first line and the subject line of the email is the section and class code that I am looking to enroll in.

Admissions response: Our records show that you are already enrolled in HCR240!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! That is kind of funny. My daughter is going thru the same thing. She has to retake too classes since they are more than 5 years old. Admissions told her she needed a couple of classes prior to these. She sent them her transcripts showing she already had the classes but they wouldn't accept them. She sent them her diploma from NAU and they finally agreed to let her in! Stupid people

    ReplyDelete