Friday, February 27, 2009

8 weeks done!

Only 10 weeks more to go till summer! You know these 8 weeks really have flown by, but they sure were crammed.

So what did I learn this week in clinical?

1. That I still don't want to be a CNA in LTC!
2. That I may be a bit too ambitious for my own good and that picking the recent kidney transplant person, as my first Careplan, just because it contained all the COOL drugs does not make for a short med pass!
3. That 0400 is too damn early, but I like being done with a full day by 1400
4. That those on Coumadin sure can bleed when stuck with a small lancet!
5. That nurses in LTC do in fact still work their butts off even if it does look fun just passing meds!

2 comments:

  1. We go back to long term care during fifth quarter to learn how to be "managers of care", like overseeing lpn's and cna's. I'm not really looking forward to it, since I have no intension on going back to ltc. I'm so jealous, at our hospital not evan the nurses do the blood glucose, they have a team that checks blood sugers. Weird huh? I love poking people too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have something similar next block because we can sit for the NCLEX-PN at that time. More like Delagation 101.

    ReplyDelete