Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Knock me over with a feather...

Raising teenagers is tough! Sometimes I wonder who the hell they are and where the hell I was when that happened? Then I remember... AT WORK! I think we should be stay-at-home mom's when the kids are teenagers instead of when they are little. They get in less trouble that way.

My thesis for one of my English 101 papers was that, Teenagers are in fact alien clones of our own sweet babies, while off on a distant planet, some Alien is rejoicing in the joy that our "actual" teenagers exhibit, while we are left here acclimating the alien spawn to human existence. It's no wonder they all seem hardwired to do the opposite of what they are told. To always take the harder route. They aren't human! They weren't the ones we tucked in at night, kissed the boo boo's of, and who's sweet cherub faces promised to love only Mommy and Daddy, and agreed to not date until they were 30!

2 comments:

  1. love the english paper topic. did you change the layou? i don't remember the butterflies...anyway i like it...if i am just now noticing it please overlook my craziness lol

    ReplyDelete