Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday What's Up...


Today I have the whole day off! So I'm planning on spending some more quality time with my son, my daughter has been in Texas since the 17th and is coming back on the 27th!

I made a spice cake with cream cheese frosting, put some baked beans in the crock pot for dinner, made some pastrami on kaiser for lunch, and am just checking the blogs while I eat.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day in the pool I think. Of course I will remember my sunblock this time. Reapply reapply reapply!. It's supposed to be the hottest day today... reaching 109-110 possibly!

Tomorrow I am working some hours covering at my old Customer Service job from 6-12:30 then from 1:30 to 5:30 doing respite care for a baby with medical needs. It'll be nice to have some money again!

Well off to get a few problems in for midterm studying then out to the pool!

oh.. the conclusion to my thoughts are these... Second Block is going to contain the usual with the IV cert class. I'll hold off on Block 3 until the Fall 2010 semester and hopefully find an LPN job in this economy. Then I'll take my Chemistry, Microbiology, Humanities, Pathophysiology & Statistics courses through the Spring and Summer sessions, before starting Block 3. It'll put me ahead of the curve and ready for going directly into the BSN portion right after ADN. It's a long road to RN but LPN is still a nurse and a nurse was my goal. Which hey, when you think of it, I only started this journey in October of 2007. I've come pretty far in a short time, even though it feels like forever, and well I'll graduate with my college degree, first in my family, at the end of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment