Thursday, January 8, 2009

First Day of School!!

Wow! So much going on, so much to organize so much to do already.

Well we hit the ground running in class that's for sure.

We has a quiz today on the concepts discussed in Orientation from the student handbook, I didn't do so well on that. We have a project due tomorrow that we have to present in class on the basic nursing skills that a CNA would do. I have shaving, dressing, nail & hair care & documentation. So pretty easy batch.

We were assigned a few chapters to read and a lot of papers to bring in for tomorrow, plus went over a TON on information on what to expect.

I am very happy I am in the program I am in that's for sure, so far I am very pleased with the support the instructors offer and the style of teaching.

I have:

Mon- Pharmacology
Tue & Thur - Nursing Process & Critical Thinking 1
Dosage and Calculations
Tue- Nursing Success Strategies

Wed- Off

Fri- Nursing Science Lab

Gotta do some reading now!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you even got a day off! I'm about to graduate (3 months for me) from an LPN program. 18 months straight, monday thru friday :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good luck to you! Did you go the private route for school? Our program was 8 months, with the summer off total. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. It is a private- not a university though. I'm enjoying reading your blog, nice to know I wasn't the only one drowning in papers.

    ReplyDelete